WEBINARS AND ONLINE DISCUSSION FORUMS FOR CBOs
Hispanic Federation is leading a series of webinars and online discussion forums for our CBOs to discuss the health impact and nonprofit operational challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Leading in a Time of Crisis: Strategies for Latino Nonprofit Executives in the COVID-19 Emergency
- Working and Meeting Remotely: Using Technology
- COVID-19 and the Latinx Community in North Carolina
- Virtual Advocacy for Impact at a Time of Social Distancing
- Private-Sector Resource Development during the COVID-19 Emergency
- Overview of Federal Nonprofit Assistance Programs – COVID-19
- Managing Finances During COVID-19: Part I
- Managing Finances During COVID-19: Part II
- Immigrant Housing and Unemployment Rights in North Carolina During COVID-19
- How to Zoom: Essential Tools
- Sustaining Your Emotional Wellness During COVID-19 and Beyond
- Connecting to Your Donors During This Crisis
- Building Strong Cultural Competency in Your Organization Amidst BLM & COVID-19
Leading in a Time of Crisis: Strategies for Latino Nonprofit Executives in the COVID-19 Emergency
March 25, 2020
This webinar shares sound practices and strategies to help you develop, implement, and refine your organization's strategic response to the COVID-19 emergency.
This webinar will provide practical guidance on working remotely, with an emphasis on choosing and using the right technology to help staff work, communicate, and provide services from home. During this webinar we will identify free and low-cost tech options available during the COVID-19 emergency. In addition, we will provide tips for non-tech aspects of working remotely, from revising or suspending some personnel policies to maintaining employee morale during this very difficult time.
This webinar will focus on how local city and county governments in North Carolina have responded to the crisis. It will also take a deeper look at how Latinx nonprofits in the state are being impacted and how they’re responding.
This webinar discusses: the challenges and methods for remote advocacy, advocacy priorities and needs (federal and state), two-track communications. tools for remote mobilization and advocacy, and reaching policymakers remotely.
This webinar will share sound practices and strategies to help you develop, implement, and refine your organization's Crisis Fundraising response to the COVID-19 emergency. It will discuss working with current donors, adjusting ongoing fundraising, fundraising events, how philanthropy is responding, innovative approaches, and how HF is helping.
The workshop will provide a critical overview of: loans, payroll tax programs, paid leave policy, and unemployment benefits.
Managing Finances During COVID-19: Part I
April 8, 2020
This webinar will discuss:
- Key financial reports to use to assess your financial position
- Recasting budgets and cash flows
- Building cash during these times
- Actions to take as revenue and cash flows are under threat
Managing Finances During COVID-19: Part II
April 9, 2020
This webinar will explore financial management tools and monitoring methods that include:
- How to Create a Matrix Map
- When Demands exceed Cash Available: Triage!
- Working with your key partner: “The Board”
The impact of COVID-19 has been felt in every part of our community but recent studies have shown low-income and communities of color are bearing the brunt of the crisis. On this webinar we will explore housing and unemployment insurance rights in North Carolina with particular emphasis on immigrant and Latinx communities. We will be joined by the Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy and other experts to discuss the rights, the limitations, and the ways their organizations are helping craft legal programs to support those most impacted.
How to Zoom: Essential Tools
April 22, 2020
We all have some experience working with Zoom but now more than ever we are using the platform on a daily basis to conduct meetings, and conference calls.
This webinar will discuss:
- When to use for online meetings and webinars
- Zoom settings & controls
- How to host, co-host or serve as a panelist
- Broadcast & recording essentials
- Gathering reports
Human Resources Planning for COVID-19
May 11, 2020
In this webinar, we'll discuss ways nonprofit Human Resources departments can prepare for and manage services for employees during the COVID-19 outbreak.
In this webinar, our guest panelists discuss tips and best practices for fostering and sustaining wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Connecting to Your Donors During This Crisis
June 23, 2020
Our guest panelists discuss strategies and tactics for maintaining connection with donors. From small-dollar fundraising to major giving, this webinar will help you optimize your current fundraising strategies during this global crisis.
Our panelists discuss how to build strong cultural competency in organizations amidst BLM & COVID-19.
Para futuros y previos webinars en español presione aquí.