Lucha Contra El Hambre
2018 Lucha Contra El Hambre Anti-Hunger Intiative
On November 1st, the Hispanic Federation launches the Lucha Contra El Hambre Hunger Relief Initiative to support 17 food pantries operated by member agencies in New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida. For 8 weeks, HF will travel around New York in our Transit Connect van, donated by Ford Motor Company Fund, to pick up and distribute non-perishable food collected by employee associations, clubs and individuals.
Since the inception of Lucha Contra El Hambre seven years ago, the hunger relief campaign has:
- Highlighted the crisis of 22% of Latino households that are currently food insecure.
- Provided over 1,000,000 meals to Latinos.
- Expanded its reach this year to Latino communities in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Georgia.
Join the growing list of companies, organizations and leaders that are fighting hunger with the Hispanic Federation:
- Ford Motor Company Fund
- Bank of America
- NYC Department of Youth and Community Development
- Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program
Help us bring relief to those who need it most by becoming a site for our Hunger Relief Campaign! To learn more about this initiative or schedule a pick-up, please contact Diana Caba at 1-866-HF AYUDA (866-432-9832). Follow and share information about the campaign on Twitter and Facebook #LuchaContraElHambre
To make an online donation please click here.
Date: Coming Soon!