Program Coordinator/ IPA-Navigator
Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Location: New York, NY US
- Complete IPA/Navigator training provided by the New York State of Health Marketplace
- Make presentation to community based organizations, community groups, small businesses associations; educating them about the New York State of Health Marketplace;
- Develop key community relationship in New York City to reach the widest target market possible for enrollment outcomes;
- Understand, interpret and communicate insurance information to all potential enrollees based on their medical needs, family/group size and income levels;
- Advise individuals as to their coverage options and assist consumers in the completion of the enrollment application;
- Provide unbiased and culturally sensitive enrollment services to all individuals, families and businesses eligible for the New York State of Health Marketplace;
- Work collaboratively with staff members of the Hispanic Federation and Member Agencies public programs to identify areas of opportunity for outreach and enrollment services;
- Collaborate with the IPA/Navigator team to share information and best practices on outreach and enrollment;
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality on program specifications, enrollment information, and sensitive person data of potential enrollees;
- Track data collection including events, enrollment numbers, pre-enrollment logs, outreach logs and events attendance;
- Attends community events and meetings in order to inform the public that this service is available;
- Support Senior Director of Health Programs in fulfillment of all contractual obligations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience; minimum two years’ experience working in nonprofit organization or social services agency.
- Experience enrolling individuals into Medicaid or other government assistance programs a plus.
- Previous sales, customer service, or similar experience required a plus.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system including Medicaid, private insurance, health insurance terminology and broader healthcare policy issues.
- Experience in community organizing including outreach, recruitment and engagement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort with public speaking.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Knowledgeable of social media platforms.
- Available to work outside of regular business hours including evenings and weekend, as program needs.
- Ability to work independently both on and offsite.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to interact with a wide range of personalities, including a diverse group of community members.
Full/Part Time: Full Time