Office Operations and Administrative Assistant
Posted: Mar 5, 2019
Location: San Juan, PR
The Hispanic Federation seeks an Office Operations and Administrative Assistant for HF’s Puerto Rico office. This position will support our day to day activities, operations and program staff. Must be a team player, highly detail-oriented, a self-starter, and able to accurately complete a range of administrative tasks necessary for successful and timely project management and other related logistics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between Hispanic Federation mainland and Hispanic Federation Puerto Rico regarding administrative and technological needs.
- Provide support to in-house meetings and events.
- Manage internal office systems and ensure a clean, organized and welcome environment.
- Ensure proper business certificate and license are up to date.
- Keep track of office supply and equipment inventory up to date.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation and major financial activities.
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy files of all documentation
- Assist with coordination of travel and other logistics
- Assist with distribution and logistics of supplies and other materials
- Maintain organized outreach databases for various initiatives
- Make calls, send messages and create outreach materials
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely financial activity reports
- Manage creation and submission of expense reports
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and professional experience, at least 2 of which were in Puerto Rico
- Must have driver's license
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong financial and analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations
- MS Office - fully proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong commitment to Hispanic Federation's mission and core values
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English and Spanish
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Salary is commensurate with experience; benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and matching 403 (B) retirement plan.
This is a full-time position based in our San Juan, Puerto Rico office and will report to the Senior Director of Puerto Rico Operations. Must be available to interview in San Juan, PR. Only those that qualify will be called for an interview.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Charlotte Gossett-Navarro, Senior Director of Puerto Rico Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title in the subject line of the email. No telephone calls.