In-Person Assistors (IPA)/Navigator
Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Location: New York, NY US
Hispanic Federation is seeking an In-Person Assistor (IPA) / Navigator to help individuals, families and small businesses in the New York City 5 boroughs to obtain health insurance coverage through the New York State of Health Marketplace.
In this role the potential candidate will work out different locations such as public library branches, community organizations as well as our headquarters.
- Complete mandatory IPA/Navigator training provided by the New York State of Health Marketplace
- Provide in-person assistance to those applying for health insurance coverage through the NYS Marketplace
- Follow-up with applicants to process applications and liaison between the applicant and the NYS of Health Marketplace
- Offer information on the types of health insurance programs available through the NYS Marketplace
- Provide registration assistance into Qualify Health Plans and public health insurance programs and tax credits and cost-sharing reductions; Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Essential Health Plans
- Help or make referrals with grievances, complaints, or questions regarding health coverage or a determination related to coverage
- Follow up, documenting and tracking consumer applications and submissions on Navigator and NYSOH Dashboard and other tracking systems as needed
- Prepare weekly, monthly and outreach report and participate in weekly Navigators meeting;
- Collaborate with IPA/Navigator team to share information and best practices on outreach and enrollment
- Meet monthly enrollment goals and quality performance targets
- Conduct community outreach to potential enrollees, small businesses, and agency partners;
- Participate Community Partnership Meetings and ongoing educational activities, and actively seek out additional information on the Health Care Reform and related topics
- Day travel related to outreach/enrollment activities required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality on program specification, enrollment information, and sensitive personal data of potential enrollees
- Must use and understand computer equipment, printers, scanners, fax, telephone, internet, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) and other software as needed
- Data entry efficiency required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to interact with a wide range of personalities, including a diverse group of community members.
- Support Senior Director of Health Operations in fulfillment of all contractual obligations and as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Health Program Director.
- Previous sales, customer service, or similar experience required.
- Knowledgeable of New York State Medicaid program.
- Experience in community organizing including outreach, recruitment and engagement.
- Ability to travel around NYC five boroughs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours including evenings and weekend hours, as needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team, ability to take initiative, ability to network required community
Full/Part Time: Full Time