Green Energy and Environment Manager
Posted: Mar 5, 2019
Location: San Juan, PR
The Hispanic Federation seeks a Green Energy and Environment Manager for HF’s Puerto Rico office. This position will oversee HF’s portfolio of existing grants and initiatives related to energy and environment, identify new initiatives/local organizations we can support in the sector, and help develop HF’s PR policy positions and advocacy related to energy and the environment (both local and federal). Program/Project management and Policy/Advocacy skills desired.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary liaison between Hispanic Federation and program service providers/grantees
- Oversees project implementation and performance of assigned programs and fulfillment of project deliverables
- Maintain regular communication with and site visits to grantees to provide grant oversite, and identify opportunities for collaboration and/or additional support
- Identify new opportunities for HF grant-making and philanthropic partnerships
- Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements
- Prepare funding packages and programmatic reports
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy files of all documentation
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely financial and program activity reports on grants and program initiatives
- Provide regular updates and reports on grantee progress to HF development team
- Assist with donor relationship management including reporting and site visit coordination
- Research and remain informed of relevant programs, policies, and advocacy (federal and local).
- Discern strategic opportunities for HF participation, collaboration, and partnerships.
- Advise HF on related policy and draft public and internal policy documents
- Advise HF advocacy strategies and participate in/lead campaigns.
- Develop and manage relationships with key multisector stakeholders
- Assist with coordination of travel and other logistics
- Assist with distribution and logistics of supplies and other materials
- Work in collaboration with other HF team members
- Provide regular communication and reporting to supervisor and HF PR team
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and professional experience, at least 1 of which were in Puerto Rico
- Must have driver's license
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of grantees and individuals
- Strong financial and analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations
- MS Office - fully proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong commitment to Hispanic Federation's mission and core values
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English and Spanish
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Salary is commensurate with experience; benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and matching 403 (B) retirement plan.
This is a full-time position based in our San Juan, Puerto Rico office and will report to the Senior Director of Puerto Rico Operations. Must be available to interview in San Juan, PR. Only those that qualify will be called for an interview.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Charlotte Gossett-Navarro, Senior Director of Puerto Rico Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title in the subject line of the email. No telephone calls.