Florida Civic Engagement Director
Posted: May 1, 2019
Location: Orlando, Florida US
The Hispanic Federation’s Florida office seeks a Civic Engagement Director to manage its civic engagement initiatives and assist in the development and coordination of policy research and analysis, issue advocacy and civic education. The position will provide natural opportunities to learn and will require the ability to remain flexible and adaptable in regard to work assignments.
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Preferred Skills:
- Report directly to State Director and National Civic Engagement Director or Senior Staff as required.
- Lead HF’s Florida Civic Engagement plan, including all voter registration, voter education, and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) initiatives
- Manage HF’s Florida Civic Engagement programs and grants, including proposal design, program planning, subcontractor supervision, programmatic and financial reporting
- Develop and implement Hispanic Federation’s 2020 Census campaign, including public education, outreach (Get Out the Count-GOTC) and media efforts
- Supervise and manage civic engagement program staff, canvassers, canvass leads and volunteers
- Direct community engagement and organizing via voter registration drives, voter education events, and GOTV campaigns
- Develop bilingual civic engagement curricula, content and materials geared towards increasing civic education/participation among the Latinx and immigrant communities.
- Utilize Civic Engagement digital technology and databases, including the Voter Activation Network (VAN), and peer-to-peer texting messaging tools
- Effectively manage and track all civic engagement programmatic data
- Ensure the high quality and success of Hispanic Federation - Florida’s civic engagement programs
- Cultivate and sustain key relationships and partnerships with community leaders and community-based organizations in Hispanic Federation’s network
- Integrate Civic Engagement strategies into HF’s existing campaigns and programs
- Work closely with FL State director to advance HF’s advocacy and legislative agenda
- Assist with other Hispanic Federation events and initiatives
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations
- Prepare reports on program progress, draft and manage campaign and program budgets. Ensure that all program goals and etri8cs are achieved and that programs are run within the allotted budget.
- Vast experience building and leading alliances with strategic partners is desired.
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours during the duration of special projects and campaigns.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Strong commitment to Hispanic Federation's mission and core values
Minimum of a BA/BS degree and demonstrated interest in not-for-profit, immigration, civic engagement, or community organizing
- 5+ years of experience managing staff in nonprofit civic engagement, social justice or advocacy programs
- Vast experience in leading large-scale voter registration /civic engagement /grassroots field campaigns
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, with excellent speaking and writing skills
- Strong staff supervisory skills.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This is a full-time position based in our Orlando, Florida office. Starting salary is competitive, with a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and matching 403(B) retirement plan. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone calls.