Federal Policy Internship (Fall 2019)
Posted: Jul 22, 2019
Location: Washington , DC US
Hispanic Federation’s DC office is seeking an intern to join our federal policy team and learn more about the role of federal advocacy, policy, and politics. This internship is ideal for someone with a strong academic record, excellent writing, research, and organizational skills, and someone eager to learn firsthand about policy and politics in our nation’s capital. As part of a small team, the federal policy intern will have the opportunity to represent the organization at congressional briefings and events, and gain substantial experience in policy research, analysis, advocacy, and politics.
- Maintain various Hispanic Federation databases to track advocacy activity
- Provide administrative support for DC office on various tasks and assignments including advocacy events and meetings
- Attend policy briefings and events on behalf of the Hispanic Federation DC office
- Conduct outreach to congressional offices to coordinate meeting logistics
- Conduct and synthesize research on federal policy proposals and political and legislative proceedings into easily accessible information to be used in fact sheets, internal and external policy briefings, etc.
- Assist in development of national and state level fact sheets on Hispanic Federation policy priorities and in response to shifting federal policy landscape
- Write, edit, and review sections of reports, congressional letters, and other written materials produced by the DC office
Current undergraduate student enrolled in political science, environmental sciences, sociology, or related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent research, writing, and organizational skills required
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on policy related issues
- Strong commitment to the mission of Hispanic Federation is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google platforms
- Professional demeanor
- Fluency in Spanish, including the ability to read, speak, and write a plus
- Stipend based on experience
- Minimum 30 hour week required
Full/Part Time: Internship
Apply by September 5, 2019. Internship will begin as soon as possible and end the week of December 16, 2019. To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and maximum 3-5 page writing sample to email@example.com. In order to be considered, cover letter must include grade level at time of internship, GPA, start and ending work dates, and days and number of hours per week available. Please include the words “Federal Policy Internship” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.