Education Initiatives Coordinator
Posted: Jul 15, 2019
Location: New York, New York US
The Hispanic Federation seeks a full-time Education Initiatives Coordinator to manage its education-focused initiatives and assist with the development and coordination of programmatic efforts that seek to support Latino families. This position will be out in community coordinating evening and weekend Pathways workshops across all five boroughs. As such, this role will have flexible hours to accommodate for the non-traditional working hours. The Education Initiatives Coordinator will report to the Federation’s Senior Education Policy Director and will lead the following efforts:
Pathways to Academic Excellence Workshop
Coordination Pathways to Academic Excellence initiative is focused on early childhood education, college preparation and parental involvement. Pathways is a culturally competent educational seminar series that enables parents to actively support their children’s education. Specific tasks and goals include, but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate and occasionally facilitate bilingual educational seminars on Early Childhood Literacy activities and College Preparatory skills with Latino parents and families
• Develop collaborative relationships with local schools, community organizations, and civic associations to promote HF education initiatives
• Measure behavioral change through outcomes evaluations and survey tools
Education Event Coordination
• Help coordinate monthly Latino Education Advocacy Directors Coalition meetings and other related events such as Town Halls, Community Forums, the Hispanic Education Summit, Education Summer Fest and other related events
• Support the implementation of an education campaign by helping coordinate phone banks and other public education activities
This role will also have the opportunity to perform the following:
• Manage two summer interns per year
• Pilot potential new community workshops
• Support any other initiatives that arise
Minimum of a BA/BS degree and at least three years of professional experience, preferably in education program management.
Candidates must also have experience in performing outreach, community engagement, and managing projects. This person is organized and can develop work plans, manage budgets, set deadlines, oversee multiple projects and duties simultaneously, and prioritize assignments. Excellent, well-developed verbal and writing skills are essential. The candidate must be fluent in Spanish. Ability to travel locally and a demonstrated commitment to Latino community are necessary. Candidate will have the ability to set hours depending on weekly workshops scheduled. The ideal candidate will commit to this role for a minimum of one year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to Jaslyn Jimenez-Peña, HF’s VP for Human Resources, at email@example.com.