Lucha Contra El Hambre
2016 Lucha Contra El Hambre Anti-Hunger Intiative
On November 4th, the Hispanic Federation will launch the Lucha Contra El Hambre Hunger Relief Initiative to support 14 food pantries operated by member agencies in New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida. For 8 weeks, HF will travel around New York in our Transit Connect van, donated by Ford Motor Company Fund, to pick up and distribute non-perishable food collected by employee associations, clubs and individuals.
Since the inception of Lucha Contra El Hambre six years ago, the hunger relief campaign has:
- Highlighted the crisis of 22% of Latino households that are currently food insecure.
- Provided over 400,000 meals to Latinos in New York and Florida.
- Expanded its reach this year to Latino communities in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Georgia.
Join the growing list of companies, organizations and leaders that are fighting hunger with the Hispanic Federation:
- Ford Motor Company Fund
- Walmart Foundation
- Bank of America
- NYC Department of Youth and Community Development
- Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program
Help us bring relief to those who need it most by becoming a site for our Hunger Relief Campaign! To learn more about this initiative or schedule a pick-up, please contact Diana Caba 1-866-HF AYUDA (866-432-9832). Follow and share information about the campaign on Twitter and Facebook #LuchaContraElHambre
To make an online donation please click here.
Date: Coming Soon!