Rhode Island State Program Coordinator
Posted: Aug 15, 2017
Location: Rhode Island
The Hispanic Federation seeks a Rhode Island State Program Coordinator to help manage its programmatic and advocacy efforts. The Rhode Island State program coordinator will report to the Federation’s Connecticut State Director to build and expand the organization’s local education, health, civic engagement and immigration portfolio. The program coordinator will specifically support the following efforts:
CREAR Futuros Latino College Success Program at Rhode Island College
HF launched the CREAR Futuros project that aims to significantly improve Latino college success in Rhode Island. Specific tasks and goals include, but are not limited to the following:
• Help organize culturally and linguistically competent educational and training workshops to Rhode Island College (RIC) participants, covering issues and topics which encourage college retention and success;
• Provide needed support to CREAR student mentors at RIC;
• Coordinate monthly staff meetings with CREAR mentors at RIC and provide guidance regarding mentee assistance;
• Coordinate monthly meetings with RIC staff and higher education partners;
• Assist to secure summer internships and professional development opportunities for participating CREAR students at RIC; and
• Leverage partnerships with Rhode Island community-based organizations, public education system, higher education institutions, elected officials and media to support systemic educational change and Latino student achievement.
Minimum of a BA/BS degree
At least two years of professional experience, preferably in program and advocacy work. Candidates must also have a strong ability to develop work plans, manage budgets, set deadlines, oversee multiple projects and duties simultaneously, and prioritize assignments. Excellent, well-developed verbal and writing skills are essential. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills, ability to travel and a demonstrated commitment to Latino community are necessary. Ideal applicants will be efficient, results-oriented with high energy and exhibit an exceptional ability to work with others.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to Jaslyn Jimenez-Peña, HF’s Vice President for Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.