Immigration Grants & Outreach Coordinator
Posted: Feb 6, 2018
Location: New York City, New York US
The Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation's premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthens Latino institutions through grant making and direct services in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment and the environment. Values that drive our work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
The Hispanic Federation seeks an Immigration Grants & Outreach Coordinator that can support our immigration grants and contracts. Must be highly detail-oriented, a self-starter, and able to accurately complete a range of administrative tasks necessary for successful and timely grant management. We seek a coordinator that can successfully oversee completion of immigration program goals, working closely with many subcontractors. The coordinator will also assist with planning and executing immigration community events and public education campaigns.
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Grants Coordination
• Review contracts (subcontractors and consultants) for completeness and accuracy
• Ensure compliance with all contract reporting requirements
• Assist in monitoring grantee performance, funding and payments on assigned subcontracts
• Prepare voucher packages and programmatic reports
• Communicate with grantees
• Maintain electronic and hard-copy files of all contracts and reporting
• Update financial and programmatic report monthly
•Data entry as necessary
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Outreach Coordination
• Serve as liaison between Hispanic Federation and subcontractor service providers, overseeing and monitoring their progress on program deliverables, service provision, and reporting.
• Answer hotline phone calls and coordinate volunteers to answer community calls
• Maintain organized outreach databases for various immigration programs and initiatives
• Make calls, send messages, and create promotional materials for department events
• Maintain accurate records and provide timely activity reports on events and program outcomes
• Maintain up to date referral database for community referrals to immigration community services
• Promptly connect community members to immigration services within Hispanic Federation’s network
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
• Strong financial and analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations
• MS Office - fully proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Strong commitment to Hispanic Federation's mission and core values
• Speaking and writing skills in Spanish
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This is a full-time, contract position based in our New York City office. Starting salary is competitive, with a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and matching 403 (B) retirement plan. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Must include the words “Immigration Grants & Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. No telephone calls.